Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp is committed to hiring a highly professional team of employees who bring specialized skills and are also personally dedicated to our mission of empowering children and adults with disabilities.
Our programs are led by people who speak the language and understand the culture of the organization. Their hard work and commitment to success helps bring new opportunities for independence and personal growth to all of the children and adults who attend Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp.
We believe that if people are having FUN at camp, all of the benefits of our programs will come through. If we are having fun doing the jobs we love, campers and staff members alike benefit. This is why we have a team-based approach to our work environment, offer flexible schedules and great benefits.
Are you a future Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp team member? Explore opportunities to join our team:
Year-round Staff Openings:
No Positions Are Open at this Time
Summer Staff Openings: Each summer, we hire nearly 100 summer staff to help make the magic of Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp possible. To apply or learn more, please email our Programs Director, Kayla Plessinger. Annual summer staff openings include the following:
- Counselor Supervisors (CS): Previous MHKC experience is recommended. Oversees the overall supervision of an assigned group, including campers, staff, and counselors. Ensures paperwork is in on time. Leads group meetings. Ensures campers safety and well-being. Must be 21 years or older with at least a Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Assistant Counselor Supervisor (ACS): Assists in the overall supervision of assigned group, including campers and counselors. Ensures paperwork is in on time. Assists in group meetings. Ensures campers safety and well-being. Must be 18 years or older.
- Jr. Counselor (volunteer): For volunteers ages 16-17. Jr. Counselors are assigned a group who they work with and support from check-in to check-out. Jr. Counselors also assist staff in supporting campers in all program activities and are their biggest cheerleader throughout the week!
- Counselor (volunteer): Counselors (over 18 years old) are assigned a group who they work with and support from check-in to check-out. Counselors also assist staff in supporting campers in all program activities. Ensures camper safety and well-being.
- Camp Nurse: Directs all aspects of the health and safety of campers and staff. Duties include health and medicine reviews at check in, medication pouring and dispensing, providing first aid and general health care, and assisting in emergency situations. RN’s and LPN’s only. Works in Main Camp only.
- Behavioral Support: Provides additional support to campers with behavioral needs and their staff from Sunday morning to Tuesday afternoon (adult weeks) and for the whole week (kids/teen week). Previous MHKC experience preferred.
- Logistics Coordinator/Floater: Oversees group departures, runs errands, chops wood, Johnny-on-the-spot. Backs up groups and staff to ensure camp runs smoothly. Behind the scenes job requiring excellent time management, punctuality and initiative. Previous MHKC experience required.
- Custodian: Maintains the cleanliness and maintenance of the camp buildings, restrooms, and common areas. Must be 16 years or older.
- Adventure Course Facilitator: Leads and delivers programming at camp’s adventure course. Must be 18 years or older.
- Arts and Crafts Facilitator: Creates and delivers arts and crafts programming. Must be 18 years or older.
- Horseback Riding Facilitator: Leads and delivers horseback riding programming. Manages and cares for camp’s four horses. Must have horse background/experience and be 18 years or older.
- Lifeguard- Pool: In charge of lifeguarding all pool related activities. Responsible for basic care of pool facilities. Must be 18 years or older.
- Lifeguard- Waterfront: In charge of lifeguarding all camp activities that take place at Trillium Lake, especially canoeing. Must be 18 years or older.
- Recreation Instructor: Creates and delivers recreation games, sports, and team building activities. Instructs catch and release fishing and adaptive biking, as well. Must be 18 years or older.
- Kitchen Staff: Assists in all food and dining services, including cooking, cleaning, serving, and dish washing. Must be 18 years or older.